General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

turn signal circuit/fuse issuse

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 06:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default turn signal circuit/fuse issuse

i was driving around the other night and all of sudden noticed my turn signals weren't working and when i got home checked the fuse and it was blown, made a quick late night trip to wal mart threw another 20amp fuse in put cover back on turned car on and tried, nothing, rechecked fuse, that one was blown, hmm stuck another in, as soon as it touched the metal not even all the way in it instantly blew and melted, it seems like its getting WAY to much power through the circuit, i wasnt sure if this has happened on any one else T/A and if so what causes it and if not what could it be or what should i start looking for?
thanks
Old 09-06-2010, 06:49 PM
On The Tree

Unplug your turn signal flasher and try one more fuse. There is really no reason the fuse should blow unless the wiring to your turn signal switch is chafed and touching column. I am assuming the fuse blows before you try to flip on the turn signal switch....and it should only be blowing when the key is on, correct?
Any recent changes to car? anything at all?
Old 09-06-2010, 06:53 PM
On The Tree

One more thing - when you turn on your hazards do they work?
Old 09-06-2010, 07:42 PM
TECH Resident

havnt checked hazards so good idea on that lol, and no switch wasnt on or anything car wasnt on or nothing, just went to put it in and fryed right there, i was thinkin it would pop when i hit the switch but, and no nothing new to the car in the last month or 2, and last thing i wired in was my sound system and that was like 2-3 months ago, about to go out and try hazards and the flasher removal when i check my MM and tranny mount so ill let ya know lol, thanks
Old 09-07-2010, 06:35 AM
On The Tree

From my wiring diagrams that fuse should NOT blow unless the key is on... Makes me wonder why the fuse is poppin let alone why you are even getting power there with the key off..... ??? You are talking about the turn signal / back up fuse, correct?
Old 10-04-2011, 07:38 PM

Default 2002 camaro

I have a serious question... my 02 camaro blows a fuse only when I turn my right turn signal on.. could it be a switch the harness/pigtail was melted around the bulb so i replaced that and fuse still blows idk what it is but I really wanna fix it since its a convertible and my top is shrunk so i have the space where the window goes completely taped over :/ so i need my signals PLEASE HELPPPPP???