General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

PCV Valve Tube Identification

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 05:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PCV Valve Tube Identification

Hey everyone,

The hose outlined in red has a hole in the back of it that is throwing off my A/F ratio and causing the car to stutter from a dead stop sometimes.

I'm assuming the PCV valve is to the left of it? I'm assuming it's the hose between the throttle body and the PCV valve.

I can't seem to find a part name or number for it. Does anyone happen to know what it's called or know of a place online that carries it?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails PCV Valve Tube Identification-img091x.jpg  
Old 09-10-2010, 07:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Unfortunately, GM does not have a part number for the individual components of the PCV system (must have been a purchased assembly to the plant). The PCV valve assembly part number is 12590632 and it includes the following parts:

A quick google search and this ranges from $80-$100... If it were me I would look into incorporating a PCV valve from the auto parts store. Better yet you could get an LS6 valley cover with an integrated PCV that will cost less, clean up the engine bay and provide better crankcase ventilation..
Old 09-10-2010, 09:34 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by FLA02TA
Hey everyone,

The hose outlined in red has a hole in the back of it that is throwing off my A/F ratio and causing the car to stutter from a dead stop sometimes.

I'm assuming the PCV valve is to the left of it? I'm assuming it's the hose between the throttle body and the PCV valve.

I can't seem to find a part name or number for it. Does anyone happen to know what it's called or know of a place online that carries it?

Thanks.
I bought a piece of 3/8" heater hose for that line to the valve cover and to that fitting with the PCV valve. You can simply tape that hole with electrical tape till you find the new part.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:36 PM
TECH Regular

Good info, LS. Thanks man.

It's funny, I have the Helm Inc. manual and I can't find a reference to it anywhere. PCV and positive crankcase ventilation just aren't there. At least in the index and ToC. These things are like bibles paper wise so it's difficult to skim and locate ****.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS-1Z28
Unfortunately, GM does not have a part number for the individual components of the PCV system (must have been a purchased assembly to the plant). The PCV valve assembly part number is 12590632 and it includes the following parts:

A quick google search and this ranges from $80-$100... If it were me I would look into incorporating a PCV valve from the auto parts store. Better yet you could get an LS6 valley cover with an integrated PCV that will cost less, clean up the engine bay and provide better crankcase ventilation..
#566 on the picture,
mine had a hole in this area and i taped it up. inside was a metal thing that goes back and forth , makes a ticking sound , now its loader and the tape is coming off, want to replace this without buying whole assembly, I am not sure what this part of the hose does but is there another part that would work in its place?
Old 08-15-2016, 11:51 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,467 Likes on 1,058 Posts

#566, the metal thing, is the PCV valve itself. Yes, you can replace just the valve without buying a whole assembly. However the hole you taped up was likely in the PCV boot (rubber), which contains said valve. If you also need that boot, you'd have to buy the whole assembly or modify the system to use other components for valve retention and vacuum source.

Quick Reply: PCV Valve Tube Identification