General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Think I'm hydrolocked (REALLY LONG BUT IF YOU CAN PLEASE HELP)

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010 | 11:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 99T/A_Marine
I had remembered seeing something like these a few weeks ago when I was reinstalling the exhaust after motor mounts. Do they just pop up into the floorboard and sit between the carpet and floor board and then you just put them back into place when you are ready?
Yes, just push them up and to the side a little. When the carpet is out they can be pushed back in easy.
Old 09-28-2010 | 12:35 AM
Launching!

Thanks bro. Thanks to everyone who has contributed and will contribute to this thread. I'm already putting together my budget LQ9 408 build with GMHTPs price list as a reference guide. If it comes to that, then it looks like more power is in store.
Old 09-28-2010 | 02:23 AM
10 Second Club

FYI, I just had insurance cover a hydrolock. It's part of flood damage. They gave me 3900 for a LKQ LS1 and installation. I took it and bought a 6.0 and put it in myself lol
Old 09-28-2010 | 09:24 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by sxracerb25
FYI, I just had insurance cover a hydrolock. It's part of flood damage. They gave me 3900 for a LKQ LS1 and installation. I took it and bought a 6.0 and put it in myself lol
These are the success stories I like to hear. Was it sitting in a parking lot that just flooded over or what?
Old 09-28-2010 | 04:45 PM
Launching!

Just got the car home and popped the lid and MAF off. Opened the throttle body and saw water standing in the intake manifold. Not a good feeling as soon as I saw that obviously. My dad wants to wait to pop the plugs until after the insurance adjuster takes a look at the car. Is this a good idea? We are going to try and get him to come by tomorrow and hopefully something good will come out of it. Also, I popped the drain plugs for the floor boards. I got the back 2 and the driver side front one. I can't seem to find the front passenger drain plug. Does anyone know where it is located? Under the heat shield maybe? I'm glad I popped them off though because it appears there is a lot of water that was under the carpet and against the floor. It just started pouring out for a second or 2. I'm going to leave them off and try and put a few fans in the car to dry it out. I made sure I got pictures of the standing water in the floor of the back seats and the debris that was covering the floor on the fronts. Any other suggestions, ideas, or tips?
Old 09-28-2010 | 05:11 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor
10 Year Member20 Year Member

Originally Posted by LS6427
www.rockauto.com

$2,900
Base 355 VORTEC; 385HP; 405 lbs. Torque; 4 Bolt Main Block; Pass. Side Dipstick; SCAT Cast Crankshaft; Cast Iron VORTEC Heads; For more specs, please see "More Info"

More power than his stock engine had.

I had my 1998 KBB my Mercedes last week for trade-in value: $6,400 Excellent condition. But the actual personal value was $8,300 Excellent Condition.

So he would be way less than 75% of value.

You do realize that's a small block, not LSx, right?

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 09-28-2010 | 08:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99T/A_Marine
Just got the car home and popped the lid and MAF off. Opened the throttle body and saw water standing in the intake manifold. Not a good feeling as soon as I saw that obviously. My dad wants to wait to pop the plugs until after the insurance adjuster takes a look at the car. Is this a good idea? We are going to try and get him to come by tomorrow and hopefully something good will come out of it. Also, I popped the drain plugs for the floor boards. I got the back 2 and the driver side front one. I can't seem to find the front passenger drain plug. Does anyone know where it is located? Under the heat shield maybe? I'm glad I popped them off though because it appears there is a lot of water that was under the carpet and against the floor. It just started pouring out for a second or 2. I'm going to leave them off and try and put a few fans in the car to dry it out. I made sure I got pictures of the standing water in the floor of the back seats and the debris that was covering the floor on the fronts. Any other suggestions, ideas, or tips?
The car's not going to dry if you haven't pulled the carpet and padding out, it'll just get damp, mildew, and make the car smell like ***.

I don't think pulling the plugs is going to make any difference...if the engine won't turn over at all, you may get lucky and be able to get it to crank with the plugs out, maybe not. Have you drained the oil pan yet?
Old 09-28-2010 | 08:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Element
The car's not going to dry if you haven't pulled the carpet and padding out, it'll just get damp, mildew, and make the car smell like ***.

I don't think pulling the plugs is going to make any difference...if the engine won't turn over at all, you may get lucky and be able to get it to crank with the plugs out, maybe not. Have you drained the oil pan yet?
It looks like insurance is going to cover me completely so it's getting towed tomorrow to a shop. I don't want to **** with anything else because insurance adjusters seem to be picky as ****.
Old 10-05-2010 | 11:33 AM
Launching!

Well, the car is now officially dead. Talked with both the shop and insurance company today. Broke a connecting rod and put it through the side of the block so that's why I could see oil leaking out. Insurance is going to total it out so I guess it's goodbye to the "Blue Behemoth" as I liked to call it. I am going to miss the car a lot. It was definitely the most exciting automobile I have had the pleasure of owning and driving up until this point in my life. Oh well, all good things must come to an end. Looks like I'm in the market for a vehicle again. Thanks again to everyone who contributed on this thread.
Old 10-05-2010 | 05:53 PM
Banned

Dayum sorry to hear, go find another one!
Old 10-05-2010 | 07:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

is this car worth salvaging at all?
Old 10-05-2010 | 09:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jam01
is this car worth salvaging at all?
Haven't had a chance to check it out in a week. It had a nice putrid stench to it after only a day when I had it towed so I can only imagine what a whole week has done to it. As far as I could tell last week, all of the electrics seemed to work that I tried ie. windows, tcs switch, headlights, stereo. I hadn't tried a few things like turn signals and marker lights because I just forgot. It may be salvageable in some aspects but it'll be hard to tell until I can actually take another look at it.
Old 10-06-2010 | 04:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LS6427
www.rockauto.com

$2,900
Base 355 VORTEC; 385HP; 405 lbs. Torque; 4 Bolt Main Block; Pass. Side Dipstick; SCAT Cast Crankshaft; Cast Iron VORTEC Heads; For more specs, please see "More Info"

More power than his stock engine had.

I had my 1998 KBB my Mercedes last week for trade-in value: $6,400 Excellent condition. But the actual personal value was $8,300 Excellent Condition.

So he would be way less than 75% of value.

Thats the dumbest motor replacement idea I have ever seen.
Old 10-06-2010 | 04:10 PM
TECH Resident

my suggestion woulda been to throw in a V6 3800 and make it the inverse of a sleeper
Old 10-06-2010 | 06:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NDFORSPD
my suggestion woulda been to throw in a V6 3800 and make it the inverse of a sleeper
So...a joke? Lol.
Old 10-06-2010 | 10:51 PM
10 Second Club
15 Year Member

Damn buddy sorry to hear about this. Sucks. I just took my ssra off today to decrease this from happening
Old 10-07-2010 | 12:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by senicalj4579
Damn buddy sorry to hear about this. Sucks. I just took my ssra off today to decrease this from happening
You took it off so you could move your tranny coolers
Old 10-07-2010 | 12:45 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by senicalj4579
From what I can tell, the SSRA I had on didn't guarantee the hydrolock but did more than it's fair share to provide an entryway into the air filter. **** happens sometimes though. Oh well, time to pick back up and keep moving ahead.
Old 10-07-2010 | 07:31 AM
10 Second Club
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
You took it off so you could move your tranny coolers
Yes,but after needing another good reason to justify...I figured the hydrolock would be the perfect reason

Quick Reply: Think I'm hydrolocked (REALLY LONG BUT IF YOU CAN PLEASE HELP)