General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

electrical nightmare ! Power windows

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 07:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default electrical nightmare ! Power windows

Okay I'm at a loss here. Awhile ago I found some new power window switches or so I thought in a salvage yard. I installed them and came to realize that when I try and put down the pass window from the master switch, it would short out and drop the voltage on the dash meter and the radio would cut out (WHY ?!?!)
I lived with it and just leaned over the passenger switch to put the window down, everything else worked great. Fast forward to a few weeks ago and I forgot my self and pushed the bad passenger button on the master switch and now none of my window switches work on either side. my radio also cut out. and would keep cutting out after 10 min or so of driving unless I keep the masteer switch unpluged LOL

WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON HERE ? is there like a breaker or something that keeps cutting out ? I also got some diff switches and they also dont work. all the fuses tested okay.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:20 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im going to be taking the door panels off to install some led accent lighting in the map pocket so ill take a look at the wiring. I had the window out a while ago maybe the wiring got pinched or something.