General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

**HELP** Car doesn't START and stranded!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 10:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Exclamation **HELP** Car doesn't START and stranded!

Hi Guys,

The car in question is a '01 3.8L camaro that doesn't start or make any attempts to. Its almost like how when vats problem doesn't let a car start but VATS is disabled on the car.

On a short trip to advanced auto car drove fine with no signs of any trouble.
I came back to start it but doesn't want to start.

When I turn the key alll lights, radio and windows work and I can hear the fuel pump prime. There's gas at the schrader valve and theres no check engine light.

I had to replace the ignition control module twice in the last 3 years, could this be at fault?

How do I properly go about diagnosing this problem?!?!

Thanks in Advance!
Old 10-02-2010, 02:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
Hi Guys,

The car in question is a '01 3.8L camaro that doesn't start or make any attempts to. Its almost like how when vats problem doesn't let a car start but VATS is disabled on the car.

On a short trip to advanced auto car drove fine with no signs of any trouble.
I came back to start it but doesn't want to start.

When I turn the key alll lights, radio and windows work and I can hear the fuel pump prime. There's gas at the schrader valve and theres no check engine light.

I had to replace the ignition control module twice in the last 3 years, could this be at fault?

How do I properly go about diagnosing this problem?!?!

Thanks in Advance!
When you say "doesnt make any attempt to start" do you mean that its not even turning over? If its not turning over then theres no need to look at fuel, ignition ect. Check starter fuse, relay and MOST IMPORTANT the battery connections. Make sure they are on there good. A lot of times they come slightly loose and provide enough amperage for radio and lights but not enough to start. Check that and report back
Old 10-02-2010, 07:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dose the security light stay on?