General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

What to do?

Old 10-03-2010, 10:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do?

Ok guys so i decided to go to orielys and borrow the scanner and i got the codes 27(egr) & 29(EAS). The guy there didnt know what to tell me. My car is a 94 Formula A4 with a K&N cold air, msd coil and wires and the cat has been deleted. I have been having porblem to start the car for a while now. Recently it started hesistating when it had a couple gallons left in the tank and it wouldnt do it once i would fill her up again and yes im sure it had more than 2 gallons when i filled her up. Just last nite she starts after a couple of tries and put her in reverse and once i drop it into drive and try to mash it, it almost dies on me and i hear a big pop from the enigne on driver side. I let off and it comes back up and lets me keep a nice little pressure on the throttle but once i try getting on it more it will sputter. Once i get home i let it idle and it seems ok no backfires or anything. Today it takes a while to start up and once i throw it into drive it almost dies on me and then it comes back up and it still sputters when i try to give it a little throttle. I know I am going to try out a fuel filter and some injector cleaner but what else should i look at?

Last edited by Xposure; 10-03-2010 at 10:32 AM.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:25 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Try to borrow a fuel pressure gauge and see what your fuel pressure is at the ON/RUN, idle and shutdown stages...

Search this Thread