General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

is this a window motor problem?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is this a window motor problem?

Hey just recently I've been having a problem that has been getting progressively worse. First, it started with the driver side window not being able to go down if it was completely up and now if the window is completely down it will not be able to go up. Whenever this happens there is a clicking noise coming from the window.

However the window works fine if it is in between the completely up and completely down area. This problem has been getting progressively worse and the window is on track and the regulator works fine. I just want to make sure that it is a motor problem or wiring before I buy a new window motor. Help appreciated
Old 10-09-2010, 07:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm about 99% sure its the motor. Supposedly they do have enough juice to make the window go up before it stops working and the clicking is a warning that its about gone.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:43 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

99.9% bad window motor. The clicking is normal and is the express down module trying to do it's thing.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

100% sure the guys above are correct. After you install your new motor you might need this;

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...-write-up.html