General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Fuel issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 01:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Fuel issues

Well, as always, I'm having fuel issues with my T/A. I thought that I had narrowed down my problem to a bad relay on my Racetronix kit. But, that turned out to not be the issue. And now, the problem is getting worse. Basically, the problem is that the fuel pump just won't kick on sometimes. Whenever it doesn't, I just pop the hatch open and hit on top of the tank, and it'll kick right on. I think whatever the issue is, is what caused my fuel pressure to drop in the higher rpm's when I went to get it tuned a while back. I've had a few people tell me it's the pump. But, the pump is only a few months old, and I've heard that, if a pump's bad, simply hitting the tank won't cause it to kick back on. But, then again, I'm not really sure what else would cause this issue. So, if anyone had any ideas, please help me out here. I'm getting tired of this issue. lol
Old 10-10-2010, 08:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im having a similar issue. but just because a pump is brand new doesnt mean its crap
Old 10-11-2010, 08:14 AM
TECH Addict

Yeah. I may go ahead and just try another pump. They're fairly inexpensive anyways, and not too bad to change, since I did the trap door method the last time.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:46 PM
TECH Addict

Found the problem. It wasn't the pump afterall. For some reason the power wire for the pump inside the tank was getting hot. And it melted the plastic covering on the wire off and the end of the wire looked burnt. I replaced the wire, and all is fine now. Not really sure what could've caused it though.