General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

MAP Sensor ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 06:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAP Sensor ?

I'm in the process of changing plugs and wires and pulled the Pass side coil bank off.
I started feeling around the back of the intake and discovered the PCV & valve cover breather line rotted where the 2 lines go to 1, can that rubber thing be replaced with a Y fitting ??

Is that thing in the back of the intake with wires going to it the MAP sensor and is it supposed to feel like it's loose ??

I did a search but it didn't give me what I was looking for, can someone help me out with some answers??

01 Formula if that helps any.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.
Bill
Old 10-16-2010, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

I found that it is the MAP so I went and purchased a new one and it fits better.

If anyone knows if it's ok to use a Y fitting in place of the rotted rubber piece I would appreciate the info.
Thanks
Old 10-16-2010, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I also had the "Y" rotted on my pvc lines. what i did was buy 3 feet of 3/8" fuel line and ran it from the back of the drivers side heads to the the pvc line. i capped off the back of the passenger side heads/valve covers. it works like a charm an many people do this with no problems.

would be easier and cheaper.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bobbyd
I also had the "Y" rotted on my pvc lines. what i did was buy 3 feet of 3/8" fuel line and ran it from the back of the drivers side heads to the the pvc line. i capped off the back of the passenger side heads/valve covers. it works like a charm an many people do this with no problems.

would be easier and cheaper.
Thanks for the tip , I did just that and everything looks nice.
man I need to get my headers on, it looks so much cleaner without all that air pump **** in the way haha.
Thanks again for the suggestion.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rychen
Thanks for the tip , I did just that and everything looks nice.
man I need to get my headers on, it looks so much cleaner without all that air pump **** in the way haha.
Thanks again for the suggestion.
no problem man glad it work
yea it does indeed look a whole lot cleaner with all that air pump and hoses removed

get the headers on there you will love the sound and the way the car feels/performs