General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

car idles low then dies? help

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 11:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car idles low then dies? help

i just got done installing my pace lt's and texas speed rumbler system , the lts only have one o2 bung . so i tried the rear o2's connected to the header bung , and car is still dying . so i used the wire that came with the texas system , to extend the front o2's back to the header bung , and still it is dying

although it could be me messing up the wire's splicing makin sure the wires are right bla bla

but i just want to make sure im not missing anything big

i did however take my egr out , but i read that it doesnt cause anything like this? also fabbed a plate to go on top of my TB

help?
Old 11-04-2010, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

my car'll idle all weird and start to die on me a for a little while after i have the battery disconnected. no idea why. i just let it idle, take it for a short drive, shut it off, crank it up, and it's fine. with your O2's, the front's should be in the header bungs and the rears should be thrown in the trash. you don't need them.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by mjtiguez28
i just got done installing my pace lt's and texas speed rumbler system , the lts only have one o2 bung . so i tried the rear o2's connected to the header bung , and car is still dying . so i used the wire that came with the texas system , to extend the front o2's back to the header bung , and still it is dying

although it could be me messing up the wire's splicing makin sure the wires are right bla bla

but i just want to make sure im not missing anything big

i did however take my egr out , but i read that it doesnt cause anything like this? also fabbed a plate to go on top of my TB

help?

Didn't you get o2 extensions with the headers? Use them, with FRONT o2 sensers, not the rear ones. You shouldn't have to splice anything. Removing the egr will throw a code, but should not make it idle weird if everything is blocked off.