General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

P0301 misfire...this is involved

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 08:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did the dealer not even check the o2's when you were in there? You have a multiple misfire code which only starts after running a minute or two. I would really like to have you get a reading on the front o2's. Like mentioned, you need tuner software (HP, EFI live) or a Tech 2, Snap on, etc. scanner to read the o2's. It's fairly simple after that point unless they are acting up randomly. But I'm assuming this does it all the time right?

If it were me, I would go right back to the dealer and tell them their crank relearn didn't fix the problem and ask them to read the o2 data for you. You spent a good amount of money which didn't fix the problem. It will take a tech not even 5 minutes to plug in the scanner and get a reading. Just make sure they do it for free since you already spent enough money there not fixing anything. Throw a big enough fit in front of customers and they will do it.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lt1pwr1
Did the dealer not even check the o2's when you were in there? You have a multiple misfire code which only starts after running a minute or two. I would really like to have you get a reading on the front o2's. Like mentioned, you need tuner software (HP, EFI live) or a Tech 2, Snap on, etc. scanner to read the o2's. It's fairly simple after that point unless they are acting up randomly. But I'm assuming this does it all the time right?

If it were me, I would go right back to the dealer and tell them their crank relearn didn't fix the problem and ask them to read the o2 data for you. You spent a good amount of money which didn't fix the problem. It will take a tech not even 5 minutes to plug in the scanner and get a reading. Just make sure they do it for free since you already spent enough money there not fixing anything. Throw a big enough fit in front of customers and they will do it.
I may try that since they charged me over $300. However, today the car has not misfired so far. Its been dry lately. Maybe something is getting wet? Could an 02 sensor be getting wet?
Old 11-21-2010, 12:12 PM
On The Tree

Now every time I go WOT the car misfires. I heard 02 Sensors don't work at WOT...is there anywhere else I should look??? Would unplugging the MAF and resetting the PCM do anything? Could I have a "defective" computer?

It still misses usually after 1 min of idling.

Last edited by AgentLS1Z; 11-21-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:07 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any update on this? I've ran into a similar problem on two GM cars. My truck does this when I get a bad batch of gas. My LS2 powered RX-7 though is on a good tank of gas and has a similar issue.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:10 PM
Teching In

Default mis

Ya Hey is this still going on? If so dont do anything else till you do a compression check. Had the same problem with mine exc. for it was p0305 did all the swiching arond and what not with plugs, wires, coils, inj., did compession had 90 and others have 160. in rocess of tear down now.

Quick Reply: P0301 misfire...this is involved