General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

passenger headlight motor

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 08:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question passenger headlight motor

Well, I did the brass gear swap. Tonite I was trying to realign the headlight cover and noticed that the epoxy didnt hold. Now the cover is missing. Does anyone have the part number for the passenger side motor? And what other year has the same motor? Any info will be appreciated
Old 02-07-2004, 03:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trbochv6
Well, I did the brass gear swap. Tonite I was trying to realign the headlight cover and noticed that the epoxy didnt hold. Now the cover is missing. Does anyone have the part number for the passenger side motor? And what other year has the same motor? Any info will be appreciated
Dont know what part number... But, i did the 180 degree swap and it worked fine for awhile. But the cover fell off just like yours!! Pain in the *** to tear that crap apart for the first time huh.. Hell, mine still isnt fixed.. Waiting for the gear just to fall off.. LOL. But if you put a post in the "parts wanted" and say you needed a pass. headlight motor im sure youll get one. I think bran new they are like 200 and some odd dollars from a dealer. they usually go for 40-80 bucks here on this site.. Hope it helps and i feel your pain..
Old 02-07-2004, 04:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

165242330 RH

that is what the motor i have here, says.

what i did to secure the cover, is use a washer on one of the bolts to hold it on.

I m actually selling this motor to a guy on firebirdv6.com in this link, but you might want to contact him, and offer to buy his old cover.

http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...c&f=1&t=011998

There is a good chance the cover is in the bumper cover though. It is fairly well closed up under there, at least on the TA's.

Ryan.

Ryan.
Old 02-07-2004, 06:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by waterbug1999
Dont know what part number... But, i did the 180 degree swap and it worked fine for awhile. But the cover fell off just like yours!! Pain in the *** to tear that crap apart for the first time huh.. Hell, mine still isnt fixed.. Waiting for the gear just to fall off.. LOL. But if you put a post in the "parts wanted" and say you needed a pass. headlight motor im sure youll get one. I think bran new they are like 200 and some odd dollars from a dealer. they usually go for 40-80 bucks here on this site.. Hope it helps and i feel your pain..
When doing the 180 you don't need to open the motor you just take of the linkage and manually turn the motor to the 180
Old 02-08-2004, 09:40 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mustang5.Ohater
When doing the 180 you don't need to open the motor you just take of the linkage and manually turn the motor to the 180
Been awhile when i did it.. But i read this tech site and followed it... Maybe i read it wrong.. You got another motor for me?
Old 02-08-2004, 10:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

86 bucks on GMpartsdirect.com
Old 02-08-2004, 10:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Since you really only need the cover, try eBay, they're listed on there quite often.