General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Need some lifting help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 03:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some lifting help.

Looking for someone to give me some tips on how to get the entire car on jackstands. Ive done rear or front by themselves before but never the entire car looking for tips like front or rear first jackstand placement ( guessing maybe kmember front and subframe infront rear tires maybe?)
I have 4 6-ton jackstands and a 22" of lift 7000lb capacity floor jack also have steel drive on ramps was thinking maybe as a secondary safety under front wheels.

Thanks ahead of time have never done it before so i figured i'd ask before giving it a go! hopefully this is in the right fourm
Old 01-21-2011, 11:24 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just imagine you have subframe connectors on the car. Now Imagine where they would be bolted into, or welded up to. Those four "Semi Frame Rails", lift it there. Or you can put the rear jack stands under the rear end and get some more clearance.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:38 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jack the front first. i put the stands on each side of the lower a-arms, positioned in the shock hole. look down there and you'll c what i mean. if your doing suspension work then position the stand just aft of the front subrame that is connected the under body frame. on the rear i put the stand on the rear axel at each side, between the sway bar mount and the shock. i dont like the way the axel hangs if you position the stand just in front of the rear lower control arms, but if your doing rear suspension work then that where i would put te rear stands. hope this helps.......