General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

96 TA Panel between windshield and dash cracked

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 11:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 TA Panel between windshield and dash cracked

I've never had the dash out and I assume this has to happen to replace the panel. To anyone who has replace this part, do you have any tips or suggestion to make this as painless as possible. I guess I will be lucky to even find the part.

Thanks,
Old 02-01-2011, 11:54 PM
TECH Addict

Are you talking about the upper dash panel? It's easy to take out its just held in by some clips and velcro. They usually break try and find someone parting out a car to get one cheap
Old 02-02-2011, 12:00 AM
Teching In

I guess you could call it that. It's the plastic part of the dash where the defrost comes out. So you can remove this without pulling the padded part of the dash. That would be great
Old 02-02-2011, 01:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

super easy to remove.......remove the plastic side pillars......then lift up on it.......its 300$ new at the dealer...ask me how i know
Old 02-03-2011, 03:11 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I paid about 210 for one off Ebay, factory new. This was about a month ago. Those new clips sure didn't want to pop in, but a bit of pressure and they all finally popped in. Make sure you reinstall the lil red led light if you have it in the center vent.

Also, do yourself a huge favor... Buy two things, a custom dashmat and a custom sunscreen for the windshield. Use them both and you won't have a cracked dash again. The custom dashmat cost about 35-45 dollars. The custom sunscreen cost about 30.

Oh, and if you get the dashmat, don't use the velcro strips. They are meant to help hold the mat down, but not only do you not need them as the mat holds itself down but years down the road, you'll find the adhesive left by the strips on your dash has now permanently stained the dash in the shape of the strip.