General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Creaking when releasing clutch?

Old 02-11-2011, 12:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Creaking when releasing clutch?

Would have posted this in a specific section, however, I'm unsure of where it's coming from.

This only happens from a stand still and happens occasionally at that. After shifting into first, I'll hear what sounds to be a creaking noise. I do not believe it's the pedal at all. The only way I can explain it as a similar noise you'd hear if you were to turn a steering well to one side and drive.

Mainly it happens when pulling out of a parking spot and goes away after no more than a second. Perhaps it's something in the steering linkage or front suspension? I figured if it was, it'd happen more often. Maybe a throwout bearing?

Any other ideas on what it could be?

It's been in the back of my mind for a few weeks, and I haven't had a chance to even get under my car in the month since I've bought it... I've surely got to invest in a low profile jack soon.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:30 AM
Teching In

My TA does that. I'm pretty sure its just an unlubed clutch lever or something. I can also feel it in the clutch pedal as well though..
Old 02-13-2011, 08:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ShroomTat4yaHed
My TA does that. I'm pretty sure its just an unlubed clutch lever or something. I can also feel it in the clutch pedal as well though..
Hm, alright. I've been somewhat able to replicate it the past day or two. It sounds as though it's coming from the front drivers side.

Hell, maybe even under my own foot?
Old 02-14-2011, 02:44 AM
Teching In

i had that before too n i never figured it out...

Search this Thread