General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Help me lol!!!! Headlights open seperately out of sequence!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 02:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help me lol!!!! Headlights open seperately out of sequence!!!!!

I have just replaced the gear in my driver side headlight motor. The headlight now works, but comes up when the light should be off and goes down when it should be on. The other headlight comes up and goes down as it should. Now that they are out of sequence what do I do. The driver side light is completely backwards from the inside controls and I don't know what to do anymore. I have unplugged both to try and get them to even out but it does not work, atleast not the way I am doing it. Help would be appreciated as I am doing this now. Thanks.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:01 PM
TECH Addict

Did you lower it manually and see it that fixes it? If not you might have the arm of the light on the motor backwards between the stops
Old 03-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Staging Lane

Check the regulator, this happened to me, I put it on backwards. Take it off, reverse it and the lights will work in sync again.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:31 PM
Staging Lane

I really appreciate the help guys. I just gave in a bought a new motor after trying everything I know. The problem had to be with the motor because as soon as I put the new motor in the problem was solved and both lights work great. This was the oddest thing I have yet to encounter with this car lol. Again thanks for the help guys.