General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Help ! Lots of bucking and jerking cruising In 6th!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 08:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Help ! Lots of bucking and jerking cruising In 6th!!!!!!!

Just A few days ago I had some bucking and driveline jerking on the freeway. Service engine popped and was gone a few hours later. My battery died again last night and it was driving a little weak at first but fine now... But about 20 seconds ago it started again and I'm getting lots of bucking and jerking intermittently while on cruise control at 80 mph in 6th. Service engine light flashed at me and is on again. Bucking is not severe sometimes subtle and sometimes I just pop the clutch and give a few revs and resume. 108k miles only internal mods were crane 1.82s comp 918s.

My only first guess was timing chain slack? On or off throttle there is no bucking.

Only notable thing I can think of is we had lots of snow dump right before this all started and lots of chunks did swipe under the car. I'll peek at the o2s or any connections underneath when I get a chance
Old 03-27-2011, 10:55 PM
TECH Resident

Now this might sound weird but ever since the battery got killed overnight the car seems to drive different. It even sounds different. The Car has lts and y and a tune already. Can the tune get wiped by completely draining the battery?

Sounds dumb but I daily drive my cAr to and from work and I know how it sounds... It sounds tamer now. Doesnt rumble like it did and deceleration in gear barely scrubs off speed like it used to. Throttle response isnt as sharp but it's smoother now. It almost feels .. Stock. Funny thing is earlier I gave it a tear through 1-3 and she still pulls pretty hard so I can't tell if it's a power loss issue.

Gonna check the header bolts to see if anything loosened up. This is baffling
Old 03-28-2011, 06:59 AM
TECH Resident

Throttle responses is laggy so something is up for sure. Trying to find someone local to read codes.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:40 AM
Launching!

Clean your maf and when was the last time you did a tune up?
Old 03-28-2011, 02:28 PM
TECH Resident

I do have a green filter on there but I checked it last night and the backside was green and dry as paper. Doesn't rule out any getting through but it's s cheap thing to do I'll get a can of maf cleaner and have a go. Plugs were done with the rockers I believe December
Old 03-28-2011, 02:32 PM
TECH Resident

Cruising into work now... No bucking yet service engine light just disappeared ...

Quick Reply: Help ! Lots of bucking and jerking cruising In 6th!!!!!!!