General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

lt1 runs when it whants to

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 06:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default lt1 runs when it whants to

1997 T/A stock 138000 miles. I sold this car to my friend at work. Today we bolth left work and he calls me and said he is stuck at a light and his car wont start. As i am getting off the phone with him it starts back up and he pulls into the gas station and waits on me. When i get there the car wont start. I touch the pedal and hit the key and it starts. It runs for about 30sec then it just dies. It doesnt spudder or miss or anything it just dies like you turned the key off. I start it back up and we let it run for a while and jump in it to take it around the block. Car ran perfect no loss of power or anything. We take off from a light and i stand on it, the car pulled hard and at about 4500rpms the motor cut out tach dropped to zero and then came back alive.

I had just did a timing cover gasket and intake gasket right before i sold it, when i was there i put a new timing chain and a new opti.

I think it is wire related. I checked all the plugs (coil dist. icm) nothing felt loose. The car isnt throwing no ses light.

Thanks for any help you can give. I hate problems like this......
Old 04-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its most likely electrical, check for light smoke or arching while its running!