General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

My car just got inspected......

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 06:33 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 349 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by Longwell
I get home on thursday, so i was trying to have the inspection done by the time i came home so that I would have it right away to get to work
Still not sure what state you are in....

When I lived in Virginia, you could get the inspection and even if you failed, you got a failure sticker that allowed one to drive around for another 30 days while the issues were resolved.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<<----pa
Old 05-01-2011, 10:16 PM
Save the manuals!

Check out your state's web site. Things change county by county: http://www.drivecleanpa.state.pa.us/default.htm

You may also have the benefit of some fine print in the PA law:
"A vehicle driven fewer than 5,000 miles during the 12-month period immediately preceding the
inspection can qualify for an exemption sticker if you have owned the vehicle for one year or more. Just take your vehicle to an inspection station to verify your mileage and apply for an exemption sticker. Stations may charge a fee for an exemption. Also, if you have a new vehicle titled and registered for the first time and driven fewer than 5,000 miles, you can apply for an exemption sticker valid until the next inspection is due. Motorcycles are excluded from the emissions inspection program, as are vehicles registered as classics, antiques, collectibles,
street rods or specially constructed."

Lot's of other good information on that internet thing-a-ma-jiggy...
http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms.../section_e.pdf
http://www.drivecleanpa.state.pa.us/...e/brochure.pdf
Old 05-02-2011, 01:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so then yeah i could definitely get an exemption sticker, but how would i prove that its been driven less than 5000 miles?

and on another question, if i just get the exemption sticker, do i still need to worry about getting the bearings fixed? like is it an important thing i should do?
Old 05-02-2011, 05:42 PM
Save the manuals!

Do you have paperwork from the last sticker? Just compare the ODO to that.

I assume you have bad control arm bushings? If so, those don't cost that much to fix. (Unless the car has been in an accident, etc. at some point in its history. If it has, that control arm may need to be replaced - which is more expensive.)