General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Interest in NGK Wires?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 10:59 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Interest in NGK Wires?

Right now NGK doesn't have many wire sets available in the US in the GM sector. Would you guys have any interest in us trying to bring them in? They are available in Canada for Vettes, Camaro, Impala, Monte Carlo, Firebird, GTO, CTS and Lacrosse....
Old 05-07-2011, 08:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 248 Likes on 204 Posts

are they better than......MSD........granitelli???
Old 05-09-2011, 03:19 PM
FormerVendor

They're not necessarily an upgrade. NGK makes OEM spec wires with a blue jacket. They won't necessarily add performance, but are at least as good as OE and are decently priced. They're a really good find for anyone that is looking into aftermarket wires just for the color change.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Banned

nah no interest. MSD is priced well for normal swaps, GMS is priced for the "every last bit" crowd, and AC Delco's are cheap and readily available. I wont by NGK wires just cause i have NGK plugs.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:26 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We're offering the NGK wire sets now. They are a nice piece, and slightly less expensive than the MSD's (which you are somewhat paying for their name). The NGK's are, in my opinion from the first hand experience we have with them so far, hands down better than the similarly prices Taylor wires!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 05-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Banned

should we start another Ohm's readings debacle between all the plug wires available? LOL
Old 05-10-2011, 09:37 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by cookba
should we start another Ohm's readings debacle between all the plug wires available? LOL
I must've missed the first thread of its kind....but I can imagine what fun it could have been!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
Old 05-10-2011, 10:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
We're offering the NGK wire sets now. They are a nice piece, and slightly less expensive than the MSD's (which you are somewhat paying for their name). The NGK's are, in my opinion from the first hand experience we have with them so far, hands down better than the similarly prices Taylor wires!
I can't seem to find them on the website?
Old 05-10-2011, 10:40 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

We've got them on our new site which is supposed to launch finally this week or early next. I just can't bring myself to add alot of parts to the old site when the new/better site is so close. You can order on the phone in the meantime though!