General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Installing new Throttle Cables... Need some help and maybe a pic or two

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011 | 11:14 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing new Throttle Cables... Need some help and maybe a pic or two

Im trying to install a new throttle cable on my 1999 Z with traction control.

The cable im having trouble with is the cable from the T/C module on the passenger side to the TB. I ordered a LS1 throttle cable (98-99, with traction control - RPO NW9) = 12552267 and I can't seem to get (A) enough slack in the cable to attach it to the TB. And (B) the end of the new cable is a small triangle instead of the drum end. The end of the cable that attaches to the TB doesn't look like it could even mount to the bracket on the intake.

Now, this car didn't have the proper cable installed in the first place so I have nothing to go by. I went through the old pics of my WS6 but it didn't have T/C so no help there. Im wondering if the TB is a later TB off a 00-02 (which has the blue spring). I can't tell what color I have so i can't identify by color alone. Where would I find the P/N on the TB? can someone give me some detailed pics of their TB and cable where it attaches together? Maybe a close pic of the bracket and how the cables attach as well?

Thanks guys in advance! I'll try to get some pics up of my situation and see if someone can tell me whats wrong here.
Old 05-10-2011 | 11:31 AM
Launching!

here are some pics
Attached Thumbnails Installing new Throttle Cables... Need some help and maybe a pic or two-99-tbc.jpg   Installing new Throttle Cables... Need some help and maybe a pic or two-99-tbc1.jpg  
Old 05-11-2011 | 11:07 AM
Launching!

ttt Can anyone take a few pics for me?

Quick Reply: Installing new Throttle Cables... Need some help and maybe a pic or two