General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Key in Ignition..No Warning Chime when door is open??

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 10:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key in Ignition..No Warning Chime when door is open??

Hey guys have a question!

I had my keys in the ignition, now it wasnt to the on position or accesories, just Placed key in. Now when I open the door there is no chime, to warn me that the key is in the ignition, should there be? It's a STOCK 02 Trans Am with 5900 miles. Nothings been touched. Are they all like this? my brothers 2000 GTP has the warning chime and my 1997 Grand Am SE has it as well when the key is left in the ignition and when you open the door a chime goes off.

Please help! haha I know most will say whocares that chime is annoying anyway, but I have a habit of leaving the keys in the car :S and the chime helps haha

Help would be greatly appreciated.

*I did have to replace the battery this year, maybe I have to reset something? I dont know, please help*

Thanks in advance
Old 05-24-2011, 08:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Could be a couple of things. Door switch, do the lights come on when driver's door is open? Buzzer, does it work when headlights are left on and door is open? Last thing is the actual switch inside the ignition that will close when there is a key in there.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:08 PM
Launching!

just checked it in the garage. Yes the interior lights do come on when I open the door. also when turning the key to the 'ON" position it will do the chime, AND also does the chime when shutting off the car if the headlights are still up and when the door opens(if the headlights are still up)

wont do the chime if the key is turn back in to accesory mode and door is open and wont do the chime if the key is just in the ignition and the door is open..very weird.. help?

Quick Reply: Key in Ignition..No Warning Chime when door is open??