General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

96 bird 3.8 l, intake gasket leak possibility and valve gaskets?? piks need sum input

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 02:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 bird 3.8 l, intake gasket leak possibility and valve gaskets?? piks need sum input

96 bird convertible, have had it since 120k and now has 138k, hasn't really changed in terms of driving. I was going to sell around 125k and the guy interested told me it had a intake leak, well 13k later the car is still driving decent. I have been told that u can partially tell by looking in the antifreeze resevoir and radiator. I snapped some piks, it does appear to be mucky a little bit. I haven't had to continuously fill up the antifreeze, so I don't think its a head gasket. I don't think a bad head gasket would've last 20k either. A little white smoke does come out the tailpipes, which I assumed was oil burning on the valve gaskets. No blue tinted smoke though, which I was told would be also a sign of head gasket leak. I've put 20k on and olny really changed tires and oil. Should I change the transmission fluid this far along in the cars life?? And any input on the intake and valve gaskets would help guys. Just trying to prolong this cars life as much as possible, without having to sink thousands into it.

thanks
Attached Thumbnails 96 bird 3.8 l, intake gasket leak possibility and valve gaskets?? piks need sum input-5.jpg   96 bird 3.8 l, intake gasket leak possibility and valve gaskets?? piks need sum input-6.jpg