General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

misfire with no codes

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 02:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default misfire with no codes

I've got a 98 trans am with ls1 engine that misfires at right off idle then smooths out a little between 1100 and 2500 rpm and then goes to hell again until you punch it to the floor.I just put new MSD wires and new plugs and it ran like new for a couple of trips to town and then started the same thing.I thought it might be a vacuumleak so I plugged all possible leak points (at least the obvious ones) and it ran right just once and has started the same thing and won't quit.Also there are no misfire codes or any thing else but one thats been there forever( evap emission P0449).Any ideas anyone?
Old 08-17-2011, 04:52 PM
Teching In

id try unplugging the MAF sensor and driving it around for a minute, thats about the easiest thing u could possibly try and see if it makes a difference, if it does make a difference then plug it back in and see if it fudges up again, that what my issue was when mine was misfiring.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id recheck on the plugs and wires. make sure everything is bolted correctly. those wires tend to be lose sometime.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:14 PM
Teching In

I'll try the MAF as I haven't tried that yet.As far having everything bolted down I don't quite understand what you mean.