General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

At a loss with what to do next.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 08:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default At a loss with what to do next.

ok well i just recently had my windshield wipers not wanting to go into the park position, so i thought replace the wiper circuit board module. Nope didnt fix the problem of them still not wanting to go into park, what could it be other than that? everything works perfectly fine other then them not wanting to go into park, well they go into park just in the straight up position.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

insode the cowl, ive had this happen on my gtp, theres like a park tab,for lack of a better term, and it gets bent somehow, allowing the wipers to park in the upright position, i bent this tab back and they started parking where they should be. sorry i dont have MUCH to elaborate on, it was a few year sago i did this.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:49 AM
TECH Addict

where abouts inside the cowl? where the arms are or on the motor assembly?
Old 09-28-2011, 10:19 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JaYZeig
insode the cowl, ive had this happen on my gtp, theres like a park tab,for lack of a better term, and it gets bent somehow, allowing the wipers to park in the upright position, i bent this tab back and they started parking where they should be. sorry i dont have MUCH to elaborate on, it was a few year sago i did this.

I also had this prob on my GTP. I had a buddy of mine print me off the instructions off Alldata.What he gave me was to actually replace the whole assembly, which is pricey, especially if you just have a tab that's bent. I would't think they would be different for your car.

1. Pull off you wiper arm linkage

2. Take off your crank arm cover

3. Take off the retaining screw

4. Pull the wiper motor crank arm assembly

5. Bend metal tab back

Hope this helps. I will see if I can copy these pages and post them up if you need it just let me know.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:05 PM
TECH Addict

i figured it out it actually wasnt the tab that was bent, that little metal retainer that is on the park arm attached to the motor was gone, so the little arm wouldnt engage at all.