General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

01 z28 power loss

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 09:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 01 z28 power loss

Ok so I changed my starter about a month ago, and right after I reconnected the battery and fired up my car it was idling weird for a minute. So I let it sit for about 10 minutes and she fired up and ran great for about a day or so. Then she started stalling out when driving but would always fire up and run fine. Now when I start it and she's in neutral it can rev and run great, but once I drive it, it loses power and wants to die around 2500 rpm unless I shift and let the revs stay low. Im so pi**ed cause winter is coming and I cant drive it like I want to. I am lost and don't know where to go from here. What do you guys think?
Old 09-28-2011, 09:20 AM
Teching In

Just in response to the battery thing my car ALWAYS acts crazy after i unhook the battery and hook it back up. It idles funny and wont stay running i have to give it gas just to keep it running, but once i get it out on the road it drives fine. However i dont know why yours is still acting up. Are you sure you tightened the battery cable up nice and snug?
Old 09-28-2011, 10:32 AM
12 Second Club

It kinda sounds like your fuel pump to me, but I could be wrong. It just start running like crap when you get on it or go up a hill?