General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

weird vibration in brake pedal

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default weird vibration in brake pedal

i noticed this problem the other day and it comes and goes, more likely to happen after longer drives. it will only occur when in gear ( car is auto ) when depressing the pedal i noticed a slight vibration in the pedal more of a feeling like the rotors were wobbling or the tires were hopping up and down, and it would grow more noticeable the closer to stopping i got, and a dip in idle would occur and upon full stop car almost wanted to die. i was able to depress the brake fully and put car in drive and just sat there and again felt a weird vibration that appeared to be in the front almost under the engine, but it dissapeared the second i let go of the brakes and started driving. any ideas cuz mine on the issue are all over the place.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check you plug wires it sounds like one has either burnt on the headers on is coming off the spark plug
Old 10-01-2011, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i actually recently just did my header install and installed new wires the msd 8.5 mm ones with ngk v power plugs. i installed the plugs without the metal shield that covers them is that shield needed because i thought the headers had enough space in between them that heat wasnt going to affect the plugs too much
Old 10-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its possible, best thing to do is look at them and see if they look melty. also, love your avatar, story of my life