General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Wiper Delay Position off..?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiper Delay Position off..?

I recently installed a new wiper motor. It parks normally. All other functions including delay time, hi and low speeds all work normally. The only issue i am having is while on delay, it delays in an up position on the windshield. About 3/4 of the way up or so. Anyone have an idea of why that is happening? I have the cam in the pocket on the crank arm. Everything seems to be ok based on the few vids and articles I have read. I feel like there is something stupid simple that is just off or that needs to be adjusted.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe I have fixed this issue. I have seen over 100 unanswered posts with the same issue on many different car models. Hopefully this will help others.

The trick is having the motor connected to the power, but not the arms. Also having crank arm OFF the motor.

Turn the key to ACC and use a delay setting. During the pause in the delay, turn off the IGN. (keeping the switch setting on delay)

Install the cam arm leaving 4-8 mm gap between the cam arm v-notch and the tab on the mounting frame of the wiper motor.

Turn the key back to ACC and let the delay run, then turn the wiper switch to off. I did this a couple times until the cam arm seemed to settle into the same position.

From there I bolted it back up and it seems to be running as it should.

Quick Reply: Wiper Delay Position off..?