General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car didn't start this morning:/

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 01:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car didn't start this morning:/

Ok I went to start my car at 11 am here it was about 45 degrees out side .. And it didn't start. The car sounded like the battery was dead, so I messed with the battery and making sure the bolts where tight.. They seemed snug .. I tried to start the car nothing still.. Just the same clicking, like the battery is still dead . Then I took the battery out and put it back in and tighten the bolts again and tried and it started.. For the rest of the day it worked fine.. First time it's ever done that. My car is a 02 camaro SS with 40k miles and a optima red top battery which is about 3 years old maybe 2 1/2 not sure. Now what do you guys think caused it? The cold? The battery? Or maybe the bolt that connects to the batt was loose? The battery level was fine aswell .. At night it's been getting to 35 degrees :/
Old 10-15-2011, 02:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe the battery is dying. You should have it checked or better yet, if you have a battery tender/charger try charging it. Keep some jumper cables with you too.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So it might be the batt? I kept a eye on the batt and it seemed fine the rest of the day.. Not sure ??
Old 10-15-2011, 08:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how many times has it happened?? Maybe it somehow got discharged and its being difficult to start. Once the car is on, it shouldnt turn off, unless the battery is completely bad.
I had a similar thing happen, and all i did, was tighten the ignition coil (somehow it got loose from opti [lt1]), and had to jump start the car cus battery was dead. Once i had the battery charged, it turned on just fine.