General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Flashing SES, No codes already spent $2500, HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 08:41 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you spent 2500 on this problem at the same shop GO SEE A ATTORNY! and ask for a kiss cause yer getting farked.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem fixed

So I started by pulling off all of the injectors and plug wires and ensuring that the wiring wasnt damaged and that they were seeded properly.. The end.

One of the spark wires wasnt connected and seeded properly, no problems since and it runs like a new car.

Thank you everyone!!!
Old 11-06-2011, 01:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by John Ogden
So I started by pulling off all of the injectors and plug wires and ensuring that the wiring wasnt damaged and that they were seeded properly.. The end.

One of the spark wires wasnt connected and seeded properly, no problems since and it runs like a new car.

Thank you everyone!!!
Jesus all that for a loose wire. Im glad you got your **** sorted out but please for the love of god dont ever go back to that shop or mechanic. My SES light recently came on, I popped the hood checked the wires and one was came loose from the coil pack. Popped it back on and I was all set. No mechanic here and it cost me $0. The guy you were dealing with is a **** bag and ran you for your money.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:12 PM
Teching In

So I thought I posted this but apparently it did not go through. I pulled off all of the injectors and plug wires to make sure they were installed and seeded properly and in the process found that my #2 wire was not connected properly. Once connected properly the car FINALLY ran like it should. I was very happy because now I can focus on making it not look like a piece of ****. Thanks everyone! John.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by John Ogden

Thank you everyone!!!
Oh good grief, I've been there before.

I had an old Roadmaster that was ticking. I was fully convinced I needed a rebuild and had my buddy meet up with me to give the final analysis. He popped the hood and almost immedietely pointed out a spark plug wire that was loose and shorting out against the spark plug heat shield.

He fixed it and the car ran idle smooth, all in a starbucks parking lot no less.

Quick Reply: Flashing SES, No codes already spent $2500, HELP!