General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

HVAC blower motor issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 02:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default HVAC blower motor issues

I'm trying to get my blower motor to work again. I thought the factory one had just finally bit the dust. So I bought a new one from auto parts store.

I just got done installing it and yet it still doesn't work. I've checked the fuses under the hood and also the fuses on the inside. I used a test light on the connector at the blower motor. There was no power at the large purple wire.

I then removed the HVAC plate and checked all the wires going into the speed control. I believe it was the yellow or tan wire that had power going to it. So I'm thinking it's got to be the resistor, or the blower motor relay. I ust don't know where these parts are though.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I found my problem. I just got back from buying a blower motor relay. At first it didn't fix it, til I grabbed the connector and all of a sudden the blower motor started. So it looks like it's a loose wire or something on one of the pins. Cause the relay connector doesn't look like a pin is loose though cause there is hardly no play in the connector itself though. Anyways, looks like I will be pulling the connector apart and doing some soldering.

So for anyone searching, the relay is behind the radio closer to passenger side.

Quick Reply: HVAC blower motor issues