General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

ls1 cutting in and out and idle drops very low

Old 12-13-2011, 12:22 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ls1 cutting in and out and idle drops very low

tonight on the way home from night class. my 99 camaro ss starting to cut in and out under light acceleration. it felt kind of like a spark problem as it didnt do it every single time. im gonna try to explain it best as i can say im slightly hitting the gas and the rpms are rising at a steady but slow rate the rpm climb would stop beifly then continue riseing and if i held it at a certain rpm it would do the same nd cut it and out randomly. i went home and cleaned both grounds on the fender well and also on the adiator support and went for another drive. then i oticed evey time i hit the clutch either between gears or at stop lights the rpms would drop very low, much lower then usual. at every light it would drop to 3-400 and stay their for about 6 seconds. please guys help me figure this out.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:33 AM
Launching!

idk if this makes a difference or could cause this but two nights ago i unplugged my shock sensor in the trunk by the spare tire bec it got wet, burned out and kept causing the alarm to go off
Old 12-13-2011, 05:55 PM
Launching!

wow not a single answer before i figured it out. i checked for codes, nothing. i started cleaning the iac and tps. then went to the maf and was blocked up about 25% with loose leaves on the screen. i just went for a ride and so far seems great the idle didnt drop once.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johnny89345
wow not a single answer before i figured it out. i checked for codes, nothing. i started cleaning the iac and tps. then went to the maf and was blocked up about 25% with loose leaves on the screen. i just went for a ride and so far seems great the idle didnt drop once.
Good to hear that you got it taken car of. Sometimes it is the simplest things that get us. I was on the ship all day yesterday so couldnt give any input. Are you not using an air filter or something?
Old 12-14-2011, 05:02 PM
Launching!

yea a k a n the ram air sucks all types of **** through. i cant beleive it was something so simple

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ls1 cutting in and out and idle drops very low