General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Squeaks and Creaks

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 09:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeaks and Creaks

Hi All,

So my suspenion all around creaks, groans and squeaks over larger bumps (speed bumps etc) or if there is any kind of torque on the body i.e. not going in a straight line and a hit a bump something creaks. i have checked all bushing and they seem ok...any cure for this? WD40 on the bushings seemed to SLIGHTLY help temporarily....sounds like eeeeeeeeeeeeee, errrrrrrrrr like an old squeaky rocking chair. rather embarrassing...
Old 12-14-2011, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you tell if it's coming from the front or the back (or both)? Some common problem areas are the lower control arm bushings and sway bar endlinks. If you're still on the stock 10+ year old bushings they may just need to be replaced. Rubber wears out overtime and WD40 can only go so far.

I've got a variety of noises as well but by far the worst noise is coming from my LCA bushings. I'm gonna try replacing them with some new rubber pretty soon.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:45 AM
Staging Lane

Try some white lithium spray grease on the bushings. I did it on my old car and it stopped squeaks for couple thousand miles until I sold it.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

Great thanks guys. The sound is definitely coming from front and rear and exemplified by going over a speedbump lol

Quick Reply: Squeaks and Creaks