General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

trouble code p0102 maf replaced code comes back need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 08:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trouble code p0102 maf replaced code comes back need help

Hey guys I have a 2001 camaro z28. A co.uple oflike two or three weeks ago the service engine soon light came on so I got the codes ran. I just replaced the mar sensor and ran down the road and went cut the car off and went in the store then I came out and the light comes back on. So I went back and had it ran the codes ran again and it came up with the same code. I'm so confused because I just replaced the mar sensor and bought it brand new.and the car dose seem to idle alittle rough and it will studded some I just don't know what to do please help. And yes I did erase the code after I put the new maf.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the ENG SEN fuse...is it blown? If so, it could be several issues. Try replacing the fuse and see if that takes care of it. If the fuse blows again, then you are in the same boat as I am. It seems that there are several possibilities at that point...could be bad 02 sensor(s), could be a short somewhere on the circuit. I am still trying to locate the problem myself.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:58 AM
On The Tree

Like i have no idea what to do

Where is the eng sen fuse at
Old 12-29-2011, 03:12 PM
TECH Resident

Under the hood in the fuse cluster closest to the airbox.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:44 PM
On The Tree

yeah i checked it and i was blown so i replaced it so now only time will tell

thanx man
Old 12-29-2011, 05:52 PM
Staging Lane

Default trouble code p0102

Originally Posted by jbro90
Hey guys I have a 2001 camaro z28. A co.uple oflike two or three weeks ago the service engine soon light came on so I got the codes ran. I just replaced the mar sensor and ran down the road and went cut the car off and went in the store then I came out and the light comes back on. So I went back and had it ran the codes ran again and it came up with the same code. I'm so confused because I just replaced the mar sensor and bought it brand new.and the car dose seem to idle alittle rough and it will studded some I just don't know what to do please help. And yes I did erase the code after I put the new maf.
Had the same problem with my '06 F350 V10...my guy pointed out that the same code can come up for a number of problems that produce a common result...mine was a simple vacuum hose break ($.85) , the light went out and normal op returned...and I have a new MAF (no returns once installed).
Old 12-29-2011, 07:19 PM
TECH Resident

Happy to help, hopefully it doesn't pop again!
Old 12-30-2011, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

ok so i replaced the maf with a new duralast maf and found the eng sen fuse the was blown and i replaced it. then this morning i cranked up the car and the code came back now i see theat yall are saying that the hose from the maf to the throttle body was broke i still have the original hose the came factory on the car should i try and replace this with a metal one from autozone like i see that a lit of people have done this to there cars but also was thinking that it might be the map sensor messing up and causing the maf to mess up and sending **** down the river causeing the o2 sensors to mess up a little bit but this seens like kinda a long strech
Old 01-01-2012, 07:08 PM
TECH Regular

Before you do anything, very carefully check your pcv system for any vacuum leaks. You can chase a p0102 forever until you are absolutely sure you do not have a vacuum leak. The pcv system is notorious for leaking with age. Check all the rubber elbows and hoses. I completely removed mine, rebuilt it with other parts and the p0102 was gone forever.

Jon
Old 01-02-2012, 01:59 PM
On The Tree

No leaks got really good suction

Quick Reply: trouble code p0102 maf replaced code comes back need help