General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Best place to buy OEM tune up items??

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 04:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best place to buy OEM tune up items??

Newbie here! I've searched for this but most of the 5 year old links I've found no longer work. Where do you guys purchase replacements for the filters and/or sensors that need to be replaced every so often? Any help would be appreciated!!
Old 01-30-2012, 08:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

A lot of your basic OEM spec replacement filters and plugs/wires kind of stuff can just simply be picked up at your local auto parts store. But, what exactly are you looking for? That would help if you mentioned that.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TransAmWS.6
A lot of your basic OEM spec replacement filters and plugs/wires kind of stuff can just simply be picked up at your local auto parts store. But, what exactly are you looking for? That would help if you mentioned that.
I actually ended up finding most of what I needed on Amazon.com. I was just curious if there was a particular place (maybe even an LS1tech vendor) that offered a lot of your standard maintenance related stuff. Examples: Spark plugs/wires, fuel/oil filters, etc. There are actually a few different links to where to find a number of these things in older threads, but nearly all of the links are dead. Even the stickies have a ton of broken links. Oh well - such is the life when you a buy a ten year old car, I suppose! Thanks for your response, TransAmWS.6.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:57 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

rockauto.com has cheap stuff too........

Besides sensors that might be bad.......there's not much to a tune up on these cars. It costs like $50.00 in parts. (Spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter, can of SeaFoam) Thats a tune up.
New plug wires if needed are $36.00 at Advance Auto.
Oil change....depends on the oil.

Labor...do it all yourself in 2-3 hours.