General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

2 gauge clusters....2 different idiot lights???

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 04:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default 2 gauge clusters....2 different idiot lights???

Okay so my original 99' cluster has the "service vehicle" light on constantly, no other lights. Is their a way to reset it? So my other cluster I bought is an 02' from a WS6 and looks identical minus the mileage. However, when I put that one in my car "Air bag" light stays on, not the "service vehicle" light. I wonder if something internally is different with the clusters? Does the BCM have anything to do with the air bag system? Are both clusters functioning properly?
Old 02-06-2012, 12:17 AM
TECH Addict

Of course nobody knows! My car issues are never normal...
Old 02-06-2012, 04:07 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

There is something you have to do before you can put a trans am cluster in a camaro, the idiot lights are in different locations and you run the risk of starting a fire. Try searching, I know I read that on here at one point in time.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:38 AM
TECH Addict

My car is a Trans Am and the extra cluster came out of a Trans Am as well. I like I said, they are identical visually.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airbag

I am having the exact same issue. I bought a 02 camaro cluster and it has the air bag light on. When i put my old one back in there is no air bag light. My car is an 02 camaro, so its the same year and the same car.

I tried pulling the fuse, resetting the airbag system, unhooking the battery and clearing dtc codes (even though there are 0 being thrown from the air bag light) and nothing is working. I haven't found any info on this anywhere and i am really hoping someone can shed some light on this because its getting really annoying seeing that light on all the time.

Please someone reply with a fix for this problem.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:49 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Killemall760
I am having the exact same issue. I bought a 02 camaro cluster and it has the air bag light on. When i put my old one back in there is no air bag light. My car is an 02 camaro, so its the same year and the same car.

I tried pulling the fuse, resetting the airbag system, unhooking the battery and clearing dtc codes (even though there are 0 being thrown from the air bag light) and nothing is working. I haven't found any info on this anywhere and i am really hoping someone can shed some light on this because its getting really annoying seeing that light on all the time.

Please someone reply with a fix for this problem.
The IPC has to be synchronized with the airbags when you replace it. You need a tech 2 to do it.