General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

hood gap

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 11:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hood gap

Does anybody have a perfectly lined up hood that can tell me the correct amount of shim I should have between the hood and fenders and hood and headlights for a firebird?
Old 02-06-2012, 07:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

should probably be in the body section. what hood do you have? any aftermarket hood is going to line up differently. There is really no "correct" amount it depends on the hood. You are just going to have to move it around on the hinges/notch them. you will probably have to adjust your headling covers also. might even have to pull the front clip down some to get in lined up right.....
Old 02-06-2012, 07:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the reply, sorry for putting it in the wrong section, (thats what he said) lol...anyways, im getting a raptor hood, and i understand that i will need to move my headlight covers around and stuff, i just want the hood to line up like a stock hood should. i know it will be a bunch of bs trying to get it to line up like a stock hood, but im willing to put in the work to make it look right. i just wanted to know if anyone had a really good lined up hood everywhere to see if there was a magic number on the distance between everything to make it evenly lined up with everything.