General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Headlights come up/on when switch is off (Firebird)

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 01:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Headlights come up/on when switch is off (Firebird)

Just got the interior of the car put back together. Me and friend stripped out all the wiring for the monsoon system and put the dash back in the car. Now I have an odd problem. With the key out I use the headlight switch and everything works as it should. As soon as I put the key in the switch and turn to the "on" position the headlights come on and pop up even though the switch is in the off position. I turn the key off and they go back down. In other words the headlights are on/up 100% of the time regardless of the position of the headlight switch. I feel like the switch is good because without the key in I can turn it to the park light position and I get park lights, then I turn it to the headlight position and the headlights come on and pop up just as they should. Its only with the key being turned on do they come up and wont go down... My only thought was that there is a small two wire plug that runs with the security light on top of the dash that I left disconnected because I assumed it was for the auto headlights found in a camaro, since I dont have those I didnt plug it into anything... I have no idea where to plug it in if it is supposed to be plugged in.. HELP please!!!