General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Engine oil in radiator - UHG

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 01:02 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,744 Likes on 1,249 Posts

Originally Posted by LS6427
AMEN to that.

This site is not like it used to be, there used to be mods who always improved the site on their own. Now you have to submit them for approval. Pretty funny. But no forum lasts forever.

Understood, however I would ask you to also consider something from a staff member's point of view. Large amounts of information are currently contained in the stickies, and yet people continue to overlook it and post new threads that are already answered by said stickies. How much time would you want to spend on something that few people care to read?

There is also a group of people on this site that become offended when told to "read the stickies above for the answer".

It's a difficult balancing act, especially as the older crowd moves away and the yonuger crowd moves in. It's impossibile to make everyone happy.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:54 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Ls6427, I follow your #12 to clean out oil from radiator. I just check on radiator cap out. There has a lot of oil in radiator. I did check the oil dipstick@ls1 motor, no show mix water/radiator. I wonder, where the oil got into radiator?
I ll check on transmission or power steering dipsticks.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:50 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 349 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Smith
I wonder, where the oil got into radiator?
It's most likely your power steering cooler. You'll want to remove or replace it ASAP. You should also check your PS Fluid level. It's probably low.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Smith
Thanks Ls6427, I follow your #12 to clean out oil from radiator. I just check on radiator cap out. There has a lot of oil in radiator. I did check the oil dipstick@ls1 motor, no show mix water/radiator. I wonder, where the oil got into radiator?
I ll check on transmission or power steering dipsticks.
This thread is 2+ years old. Thanks for using the search but please don't bump threads this old as most users in them are not as active as they use to be and will not see your replies

Quick Reply: Engine oil in radiator - UHG