General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

DRL help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 09:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Default DRL help!

Hey everyone,
Ever since I bought my 02 TA the DRLs have been giving me hell. First off, my blinkers don't work ( I've done all the blinker/hazard test) and think that is most likely the flasher modules are bad. Besides the blinkers not working, my DRLs go on and off. There's no real pattern, one day they will be fine then next day one will just turn off. I've replaced both sockets within 2 months so that shouldn't be the problem (beside installer error ) I'm gonna work on it tomorrow, you guys have any ideas for me to check on?
Thanks for your help
Old 03-13-2012, 10:04 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 349 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbomber5
Hey everyone,
Ever since I bought my 02 TA the DRLs have been giving me hell. First off, my blinkers don't work ( I've done all the blinker/hazard test) and think that is most likely the flasher modules are bad.
If your turn signals don't work but your hazards do, you should start there and get the flashers replaced and then see what happens.

Besides the blinkers not working, my DRLs go on and off. There's no real pattern, one day they will be fine then next day one will just turn off.
This could be a number of things. When this happens, please test the turn signals, hazards, and parking lights. What happens? After you test all that, do the DRL's come back on?
Old 03-13-2012, 10:28 PM
TECH Resident

When the DRLs are on, I can manually blink the blinkers. When one DRL is out, blinkers don't work at all on either side
Old 03-14-2012, 09:42 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 349 Likes on 319 Posts

When the DRLs are on, I can manually blink the blinkers. When one DRL is out, blinkers don't work at all on either side
What about the parking lights when this happens? Is it always the same side?
Old 03-14-2012, 10:06 PM
TECH Resident

I found out the problem. One of my brake lights were out so I changed the bulb. I then started working on my front DRLs and found the bulb had come loose from the socket.
Thanks for all your help man! I wish every problem had an easy solution like this