General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Did some work on my car today and had a question about a noise??

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 11:38 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did some work on my car today and had a question about a noise??

Ok today I had a new alternator installed, flushed the radiator , changed the oil, changed the trans fluid(A4), and changed the fuel filter, and rear end fluid and I also put a cold air induction (only held by two plastic clips If I move it with my hand it moves a little ..
Now my questions are how many bottle of rear end fluid does the car need?
Guy only put 1 1/2 +the slip additive in the rear ..he said it was full.
And my second question is when I step on the gas and I am at high speeds like 70+and my car is at high rpms , when I am stepping on then let off my car makes a squeal/suction noise? Not sure what this could be..does the cold air induction kit make noise when you install one ? Because this one I installed it and didn't have any screws I just dropped it in and clipped it in with 2 clips, maybe that can be makes noises at high speed when I step on it ?
Old 03-31-2012, 11:58 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,277 Posts

Rear end capacity is listed at 1.75 quarts from the factory, but all you can do is fill it until the fluid level is at the bottom of the fill plug, so depending on the amount of additive used or how level the car is, you may or may not get a complete 1.75 quarts in.

As for the noise, I have no idea. So many things can make random squeaking noises that it's very hard to even guess based on your description without hearing it.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you sir