General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Traction control, abs inop, check engine, and brake light help

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 01:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction control, abs inop, check engine, and brake light help

Ls1 newbie, 98 ls1 m6.
Put my car in the shop to have clutch kit installed, got my car back today and my Asr off, abs inop, check engine, and brake light lights stay on on my gauge cluster, it wasn't like this before I took my car to the shop, and the mechanic said my o2 sensor is out. Please help
Old 04-26-2012, 01:39 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

lol... old combo (clutch install, and you get lights unrelated, and mechanic say something unrelated to all that caused the lights)

Did he only do a clutch install? Also, did you change tire/wheels? Something doesnt add up right. The check engine light could be on do to an O2 sensor, but not the brake, abs inop, ect. Sounds like he disconnected something and forgot to connect it back.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:39 PM
Launching!

I'd have the guy who worked on it straighten it out. If that's not an option, I'd start checking all your grounds, lots of weird crap can happen with a poor ground connection.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Teching In

Clutch kit, included slave cylinder, pilot bushing, flywheel, pressure plate, clutch, and throw out bearing.

Did not have tires or wheels replaced
Old 04-26-2012, 02:15 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Take the car to your local autoparts store, have them run the diagnosis and get the code information and report back with the code. Then we can find out whats going on. It honestly sounds like something may have been left unhooked bc if you are getting brake lights and TCS light, its almost too coincidental that they all came on together.

Last edited by Sales@Tick; 04-26-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm having all the same lights come on together, but mine come and go.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:05 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I get those lights anytime I get on the highway and do OVER 72mph for 5 minutes. They will stay on till I turn the key off, then back on. For me, its because I have slightly different sized tires in the rear. When driving in the city they will never come on and all systems work perfectly.
At highway speeds though...the sensors try to figure out the different sized tires and can't, then those lights come on.

Other thing that will put all those lights on at the same time...any wheel speed sensor goes out or is failing.

Other thing....changing tire size.

Maybe there's something with M6 cars and the clutch that the mechanic messed up.

But for him to even think that an 02 sensor going out can cause those lights to come on...what a moron. 02 sensors have nothing to do with those systems. He needs to fix whatever he did. But there is also the SLIGHT chance a sensor has failed coincidentally......at the same time. Pretty slim chance of that though.

Quick Reply: Traction control, abs inop, check engine, and brake light help