General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

vacuum leak 1000 rpm idle

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 01:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vacuum leak 1000 rpm idle

i tried the carb cleaner test around the throttle body and pcv connections. i took off the brake booster line and it looked fine.

so a few questions here.....

what is this tube that i have removed? not a vacuum line correct? i ran engine without it and no change in idle

this one i could feel the suction but when i took it off there was no change in idle so that makes me think there is a leak here

the previous picture brings me to this one, what is this? something to do with the air pump i no longer have? its just laying in my engine bay, do i need it?

any other vacuum lines i need to check?
thanks
Old 05-17-2012, 01:30 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Pic 1) Thats the suction port from the TB at WOT.

Pic 2) Thats the intake vacuum port to suck in gas fumes from the fuel tank. If not capped it will suck in fresh un-metered air.

Pic 3) Thats the fuel solenoid that should attach to that fuel vacuum port. That solenoid opens and closed when needed to allow fuel vapors to get sucked into the intake.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS6427
Pic 1) Thats the suction port from the TB at WOT.

Pic 2) Thats the intake vacuum port to suck in gas fumes from the fuel tank. If not capped it will suck in fresh un-metered air.

Pic 3) Thats the fuel solenoid that should attach to that fuel vacuum port. That solenoid opens and closed when needed to allow fuel vapors to get sucked into the intake.

what does this top hose go to?

what is supposed to connect to these?

Quick Reply: vacuum leak 1000 rpm idle