General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Press brakes headlights pop up

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 10:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Press brakes headlights pop up

In my 00 trans am I press the brakes my headlights pop up even if the keys aren't in it and it makes a chime put it also does it driving??????
Old 05-30-2012, 08:55 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by gopherit98
In my 00 trans am I press the brakes my headlights pop up even if the keys aren't in it and it makes a chime put it also does it driving??????
LOL! I'm sorry man, because I have no idea what's wrong, but that's just rly funny sounding.

Could there be a ground lose somewhere? I've heard that crazy things can happen when a ground is lose.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:17 AM
On The Tree

If I unplug rear harness to tail lights it stops
Old 05-30-2012, 10:55 AM
On The Tree

Took tail lights out first time in this car all the lights are led and the plugs are bulged and burned I wonder if the circuit isn't routing all the way bc of the burned filaments. Going to advanced to replace all of them.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:21 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 349 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by gopherit98
Took tail lights out first time in this car all the lights are led and the plugs are bulged and burned I wonder if the circuit isn't routing all the way bc of the burned filaments. Going to advanced to replace all of them.
I'd try this first:
- Leave the harness plugged in and take out all 8 of the bulbs (including the backup bulbs) and then test
- If the bulbs out won't recreate the problem, slowly put them back in and test after each one.
- If the the problem still happens with the bulbs out, use a continuity tester at the harness connector to see which wires are shorted to each other. (One of the wires in that harness should be connected to each other with the bulbs out.)

All that is interesting, but I can't for the life of me figure out how the rear harness could be related to the front headlights.

The chime is because your lights are on with the key not in the ignition.

Do the lights pop up and then immediately pop down, or do they completely stay up like the headlights are about to shine?

Quick Reply: Press brakes headlights pop up