General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

3.4l v6 Heater core hose, leaking..HELP.!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.4l v6 Heater core hose, leaking..HELP.!

okay, so i bought another firebird, its the 3.4l v6, its got a nasty antifreeze leak in the engine bay, from the heater core hoses (theyre all swollen) ive called junkyards, and tried ebay looking for a new set, and no such luck...not even the dealerships...soooo what can i do.? can i run just regular hosing through there, or do i need to try and bypass it.? i need help, please.!
Thanks in advance, Jonni O
Old 06-06-2012, 09:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PURPLE PHANTOM
okay, so i bought another firebird, its the 3.4l v6, its got a nasty antifreeze leak in the engine bay, from the heater core hoses (theyre all swollen) ive called junkyards, and tried ebay looking for a new set, and no such luck...not even the dealerships...soooo what can i do.? can i run just regular hosing through there, or do i need to try and bypass it.? i need help, please.!
Thanks in advance, Jonni O
If it is just the hoses going from the engine to the firewall, just go to home depot, lowes, or other hardware center and get some heater hose like you would use on a household hot water heater in the same diameter as the hoses on your car and some hose clamps. It has to be the redish colored heater hose that is rated for high temp. Just cut to length and clamp it on in the stock locations.

Quick Reply: 3.4l v6 Heater core hose, leaking..HELP.!