General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Trans Am Fog Light Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 09:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Trans Am Fog Light Adjustment

I have a Trans Am Bumper on my 1997 Firebird 3.8L. I just bought HID's for it and was trying to hook it up to the fog lights. Do you have to undo the fasteners to the plastic piece in front of the radiator and pull back on it to get to the fog lights or is there an easier way without taking the bumper off? My brother was helping me and I had walked away and I came back and he took off the adjuster screw in the front because he thought the lense would pop off (what a noob) and he lost the spring. Now, the fog light is pointing up in the sky and will blind oncoming traffic. What is the purpose of that spring? You need to to adjust the fog light? If you don't have it, it won't adjust right? Thanks in advance! Anyone know where I can find the part cheaper? $12 bucks for a spring is outrageous.

http://www.newgmpart...diagram=FC93040

The one on the left
Old 06-11-2012, 10:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went through the plastic piece in front of the radiator to mount my 4" PIA HID's. Ya 12 bucks for a spring is high...but just buy it and fix the problem before they discontinue the part and u can't get it and move on, good luck.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:17 AM

I'm new to this forum and just wanted to say hi
Old 06-11-2012, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hello, i am on the mobile site so i can't see what car u have or your mods, so what kinda ride u rollin in?

Quick Reply: Trans Am Fog Light Adjustment