General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

stalling, high idle-Please Help!

Old 06-17-2012, 09:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stalling, high idle-Please Help!

Hey guys,

Posted this before but noone had any input...when i start my car up, it idles normal (idles high when cold then slowly goes down a few hundred rpms when warming up) Ill start driving through the gears and when i depress the clutch to grab the next gear the idle seems to climb higher (or hang at the higher rpm i left the gear at) till i put the car into the next highest gear and it (bogs down) to lower rpms due to road speed/gear selected. what the hell causes this?

It also stalls out on me when im pulling into a parking spot (turning the wheel and coasting in 1st gear with the clutch pedal depressed) especially when the a/c is on...I know its getting more strain with the a/c compressor running but its fuel injected! Please Help!

alright you son of a bitch's...haha
Old 06-19-2012, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

did you see if the MAF is dirty? i don't see in your mod list if it has a SD tune or not.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:30 PM
Staging Lane

whats an SD tune?
Old 07-13-2012, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Speed density
Old 07-14-2012, 06:15 AM
Staging Lane

I agree with CamaroAJ, pick up a can of MAF cleaner and clean that bad boy. Also, you may want to check your IAC (idle air contol) for correct operation. I had a similar issue, a couple of months ago, with my idle going high when coming to a stop or sometimes when I was out of gear. Seems like this was an IAC issue.

Then a couple of weeks ago my car felt like it would randomly pull timing, but not stall, when giving it modrate gas between 2k to 3.5k rpms. I figured that this was a dirty MAF issue, since there were no vaccum leaks. I cleaned my MAF and replaced my IAC, all is back to normal, I feel like it pulls harder after the cleaning with a nice smooth idle.

Search this Thread