General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

just purchased a 2000 trans-am have questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default just purchased a 2000 trans-am have questions

Hi, i just picked up a 2000 trans-am WS6 Mods done to the car are Bmr short throw shifter and the skip shift has been deleted. now, im noticing that when im shifting it feels tight and rough like it doesnt shift smoothly. The second problem is the rear differntial it looks like half the cover is oil stained, could it be a leak and where would it be coming from.? And my final question is the car does not have traction control is this a good thing?. Thanks for your help...
Old 06-28-2012, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I have a 02 SS with the hurst shifter and skip shift delete. I think you just need to get use to the feel of the car. I remember the car feeling awkward when i first got it but I think its just the feel of these cars. Maybe theres something you can do to help. And the differential cover on mine was coated in a mix of road grime and gear oil. It looked like it was seeping and I got around and spent 75 bucks on gear oil and tranny fluid and changed them both out and put some fresh high temp silicon gasket maker on and its sealed up just fine. Also I do not have traction control. Not really that big a deal on the street, i can see on the strip where it could come in handy but I happen to like the fun of not having it when the situation calls for it. Sometimes its gets squirrly in the rain but nothing letting off the gas wont fix.