General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Evaporation drain issues!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 08:52 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evaporation drain issues!

About a couple of days ago I started to smell a mild odor coming from my car but was unsure what the hell it was. After pulling the floor mats up I saw the mats were soaked and the carpet underneath was damp. Figured it was something to do with the A/C as I had just got it fixed. I stopped running the A/C to see what would happen but even that didn't stop the water flow, if I turned left the water would shower my feet and if I turned right the passenger side would get soaked. Did a lil research on here and found out the Evap drain was probably clogged up and needed a lil help. Took it the local shop paid the guy $20 for him to blast some air up in the evap drain and back to normal. A couple cups of water, a stone and some other debris came pouring out lol.

Old 07-07-2014, 08:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

i know old thread anyone have any pis of the evap drain hose , and where and what it looks like ?
Old 07-07-2014, 10:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ramairetransam
i know old thread anyone have any pis of the evap drain hose , and where and what it looks like ?
Its on the passenger side of the car. You'll have to get under the car and find a black box coming out of the firewall. There will be a hole in the box, which is the drain. There is no drain hose.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Unfortunately I found the drain hole and it wasn't plugged. Even used a long piece of new brake line and blew it out with air.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Pic...?

Quick Reply: Evaporation drain issues!