General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Low E window film coating for t-tops ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Low E window film coating for t-tops ?

anyone ever do anything on the t-tops for reflecting heat?
looking at 3M low-e window film and others, such as gila window treatment from home depot for $30.

anyone know of a specific low-e coating or film used in automotive applications?
Old 05-25-2016, 02:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1 FMF
anyone ever do anything on the t-tops for reflecting heat?
looking at 3M low-e window film and others, such as gila window treatment from home depot for $30.

anyone know of a specific low-e coating or film used in automotive applications?
I never liked the t-top shades from the factory so I pitched mine and had both tops tinted in 4% limo tint. I can sit in the brightest overhead sun and don't even notice it, and my other windows are not tinted!
Old 05-25-2016, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

should i not worry about special crap then and just get the darkest window tint at autozone or mail order something name brand for auto tint?
i am only interested in doing the t-tops, myself.
Old 05-25-2016, 04:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1 FMF
should i not worry about special crap then and just get the darkest window tint at autozone or mail order something name brand for auto tint?
i am only interested in doing the t-tops, myself.
I'm with you. I just did the tops and a nice band on the windshield and that's all. I don't think the auto parts store tints can come close to true automotive grade window tint. I paid $75 locally to do the job I mentioned above in the darkest stuff they make - 4%. I know the tops are easy enough to do, and if you ordered some good tint online, I'm sure you could do them yourself. I wanted the windshield band and packaged the tops into the deal. I don't like hot sun beating down on me and I'm very pleased with the way these tinted tops look and perform.
Attached Thumbnails Low E window film coating for t-tops ?-1441764475717.jpg  

Quick Reply: Low E window film coating for t-tops ?